New Report Looks At Health Plan Web Trends To Build Quality MCO Web Services
MANASQUAN, NJ -- A new special report, How Managed Care Plans Are Developing And Refining Their Web-Based Services, has been published by The Managed Care Information Center for managed care organization (MCO) leadership, e-business managers, marketing communications and IT executives who are responsible for their organization's Web services management.
How Managed Care Plans Are Developing And Refining Their Web-Based Services includes trends in health plan migration to the Web, managed care organization Web strategy, the nuts and bolts of Web site development, member care services online and the shift to certify the quality of MCO Web services.
The 95-page report is intended for MCO staff members who are responsible for ongoing development and planning for an organization's Web service delivery.
Among the topics covered are:
- Why certain health plans' sites are rated so highly by experts;
- How differentiation translates to a competitive edge;
- What rates highest in terms of the primary functional areas of an MCO Web site;
- Why the business need for the focus on Web page strategy;
- How leading MCOs like Oxford, Kaiser Permanente and the Health Plan Alliance are bringing the right information to the right people at the right time;
- How Web site designs are influenced by company strategy, and by such user groups as consumers and providers; and
- How one health plan developed its site with input from physician focus groups, a customer advisory board and a member satisfaction survey.
The price is $75 (a savings of $20 off the regular price).
How Managed Care Plans Are Developing And Refining Their Web-Based Services special report can be ordered toll-free at: (800) 516-4343, or online at: http://www.healthresourcesonline.com/ehealth/websrvs.htm
Address: The Managed Care Information Center, P.O. Box 456, Allenwood, NJ 08720; (800) 516-4343, www.themcic.com.
# # #
Back to List of Releases